Our Vision To provide a culturally safe environment in which health and community services are provided that support the achievement of optimal health and social outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our Guiding Principles:
- That the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people includes the physical, spiritual, social, emotional and cultural wellbeing of an individual and the whole community.
- That Aboriginal Community Control is central to achieving and maintaining cultural wellbeing.
- That Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people constitute an unacceptable proportion of disadvantaged and vulnerable peoples and that this is in large part due to the impact of past and present discriminatory attitudes, policies and laws that impact upon justice and fairness, health and social and economic wellbeing.
- That the improvement of health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is dependent on overcoming all of the barriers to good health outcomes.
- That we have a duty to take a leadership role in shaping and influencing policy that advances the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.