The 2017-2022 Strategic Plan for Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health and Community Services (WNAHCS) sets out the ways forward for WNAHCS over the coming five years.
WNAHCS continues to lead the provision of comprehensive, client centric, primary health care services delivered to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in and around the ACT. We are a national leader in the provision of best practice models of culturally appropriate care and governance.
Our Strategic Priorities are as follows.
They are ambitious, achievable and move us closer to our vision.
- Provide comprehensive, client centric, primary health care services to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of the ACT and surrounding area.
- Support strong families: a stable home; strong parents; strong children; supported grandparents; comprehensive education; meaningful employment.
- Build infrastructure that is fit for purpose for the delivery of comprehensive, culturally safe primary health care services that meet the needs of WNAHCS now and for the next 10-20 years.
- Reduce the social causes of poor health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by creating an Aboriginal Community Controlled multi-focussed community hub at Boomanulla and by creating opportunities for affordable housing.
- Build on our foundations of excellence in governance and leadership.